KPMG is a leading provider of professional services, which include audit, tax and advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services unit (IDAS) is based in Nairobi, Kenya and has adopted a pan-African approach to development work, employing full-time experienced development experts within the KPMG Africa team at our headquarters in Nairobi, together with a network of champions across the twenty countries of KPMG in sub-Saharan Africa.
The IDAS unit focuses on understanding clients' organisations and operations, and supporting them in delivering their development programmes. The core of our work is in advisory and audit assignments for donors, for example providing grant management services, supporting the development and operationalisation of private sector development and governance enhancement programmes, and supporting the development and performance of donor and civil society organisations. We also provide audit and assurance services for many donor and civil society organisations.
Due to continued growth, IDAS are looking to recruit a Senior to work in Development Advisory – Financial & Project Management.
- Manage programmes for Civil Society Organisations and donors;
- Conduct Fiduciary Risk Assessments, Due Diligence Assessments and Capacity Assessments, primarily of Civil Society Organisations;
- Lead the Project Management of programmes for Civil Society Organisations and donors;
- Be a Senior on Fiduciary Risk Assessments, Due Diligence Assessments and on Capacity Assessments for Civil Society Organisations – working throughout East Africa;
- Be involved in capacity building civil society organisations;
- Participate in preparation and presentation of reports to the client;
- Participate in proposal-writing for Project Management and Public Financial Management opportunities; and
- Participate in other public financial management, project management and organisational development work.
- Bachelors degree from a reputable university;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a reputable professional services firm, ideally in Audit / Assurance (preferably amongst the Big Four, or strong candidates from Second Tier professional services firms welcomed);
- Either of the following professional qualifications; CPA or ACCA;
- Strong experience of project management;
- Additional qualifications including qualifications in CISA, CIA, CFA and IMIS, Managing Successful Programmes, Prince II are an added advantage; and
- Experience of working with donors and civil society organisations, particularly in conducting organisational assessments, project management or building financial capabilities and capacities, are an added advantage.
- Be strongly conversant in the key components of the project management cycle, ideally including strategic planning and monitoring & evaluation;
- Understands risks and related relevant controls primarily in the financial and procurement cycles;
- Competent in cash-flow, budgeting, income and expenditure analysis and reporting;
- Strong communications skills - liaising with clients, management and staff, in person, by phone or in writing;
- Excellent proposal-writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines and resolve conflicting demands;
- Ability to work as a member of a team sharing knowledge and providing guidance and technical advice where necessary;
- Well developed problem solving abilities and strong analytical skills;
- Willingness to travel throughout Africa; and
- Socially confident, and able to create a strong presence with clients and the KPMG team.
- Exciting unparalleled exposure to advisory skills, competencies and tools;
- Continuous learning and development;
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams;
- Substantial African travel; and
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please forward your curriculum vitae giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting IDAS/2012/03-F&PM on or before Wednesday 11th April 2012 to email@example.com.
Please click the link for a printer friendly version.