Family owned and managed businesses make a vital contribution to the national economy.
To effectively manage a family business you need to make a commitment to manage the all-important 'Family Component'. The Family Component brings with it a number of unique management challenges as well as opportunities.
In KPMG, we hold a privileged position of working with many family businesses and this provides us with a unique opportunity to observe how these businesses grow profitably and sustainably. With decades of experience working with family businesses and with many KPMG advisers coming from family businesses themselves, we understand that the nature of a family business is inherently different from a non-family business. We pulled together a unique team of professionals within our firm and developed an equally unique portfolio of services that address the specific needs of family businesses and their owners. We help them achieve their objectives and secure the long-term prosperity of both business and family.
How we can help
KPMG offers a range of services geared to the needs of family business. Through our audit, tax and advisory services, we help our clients to:
- Meet their regulatory requirements
- Structure their businesses to accommodate growth
- Make strategic and business plans
- Manage surplus cash and non-core investments arising from the business
- Raise capital and review funding options
- Plan for management and ownership succession
- Make sound retirement and estate planning decisions
- Manage the accumulation and preservation of wealth through the generations
- Maintain books and records and manage their business and personal tax affairs