While global business tax costs can be excessive and often place a burden on profits and capital, multinational enterprises can often reorganize their operations to enhance tax benefits.
Our global network of International Corporate Tax professionals can help companies develop tax structures for new ventures and plan for the purchase or sale of major assets.
To manage your Canadian and international business tax liabilities effectively your tax team should not only be familiar with Canadian rules, but also stay on top of local tax requirements, issues, and legislation in the jurisdictions in which you operate.
It's also important to develop tax structures that not only achieve enhanced tax efficiency, but also assist in future tax planning.
Tax advice is essential where your company is looking to:
- Establish new manufacturing operations in foreign countries through subsidiary companies or joint ventures
- Set up distribution networks
- Coordinate global supply chains
- Seek tax-efficient exits from foreign markets
- Identify ways to save cash on your international corporate tax arrangements.
When reorganizing, think of ways that can enhance tax benefits, develop better tax structures for new ventures, and assist in planning for the purchase or sale of major assets.
You should also be confident that your organization is meeting all of its Canadian and foreign tax reporting and filing obligations. Our experienced International Corporate Tax professionals always work with their local counterparts in a global network to help your multinational company comply with local tax requirements, as well as those at home.
Among other things, sound International Corporate Tax Compliance and Dispute Resolution services can help you:
- File returns to report transactions with related non-residents
- File information returns to report foreign affiliate operations
- Perform surplus calculations for foreign affiliates for tax effective repatriation of funds to Canada.
Please contact us to find out more about how we can help you.