Practice Leader - US Corporate Tax
Industry: Financial Services, Banking & Finance, Leasing and Finance, Industrial Markets, Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing, Transportation, Chemicals, Consumer Markets, Retail, Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, Mining, Energy, Oil & Gas, Private Equity (PE), Building, Construction & Real Estate, High Growth Markets, Real Estate, Building and Construction, Real Estate Developers, Home Builders, Golf, Technology, Media and Telecommunications
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Western Michigan University
- Masters in Professional Accountancy (specializing in Taxation), University of Texas - graduated with honors, elected into the honorary fraternity Beta Gamma Sigma and presented with the Outstanding Graduate Scholar Award.
- Buying and Selling a Business
- Family Business
- Leader of KPMG’s U.S. corporate tax practice in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Extensive experience helping Canadian based companies minimize their North American effective tax rates through comprehensive planning strategies including: structuring acquisitions, restructuring existing corporate groups; dispositions and reorganizations; structuring financing arrangements; and implementing hybrid entities to take advantage of anomalies that frequently exist between taxing jurisdictions.
- Board member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Canada.
- Active member in numerous business organizations including the Toronto Board of Trade, the International Fiscal Association, the American Institute of CPAs, IMA, and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Involved in several charitable and community organizations, including the Heart and Stroke Foundation and the Erin Mills Soccer Club.
- Speaker for professional groups in Canada and the U.S. at seminars sponsored by organizations such as the Canadian Tax Foundation, Structured Finance Institute, Council for International Tax Education, the Tax Executive Institute, The Toronto Board of Trade, Acumen Information Services, World Trade Club, Insight, and Canadian Venture Capital Association.
- Written extensively in the area of taxation and has published papers and articles in national tax publications such as Tax Notes International, Journal of International Taxation, The Tax Executive, Taxes - The Tax Magazine, The Tax Advisor, Federated Press’ International Tax Planning Journal, Canadian Tax Foundation journals, Canada Export, and Michigan CPA.