The KPMG Michael Fielder Scholarship is awarded annually by the Partners to a Bahamian student who is interested in pursuing one of the following certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). The scholarship provides financial assistance for undergraduates, from juniors to seniors studying one of the following majors: Accounting, Accounting with IT, Accounting with Finance or Accounting with a foreign language at an accredited tertiary educational institution. The scholarship is renew-able for a total of two (2) years, providing that the student meets all the required conditions. The scholarship amount will be disbursed at the beginning of each academic year.
The application deadline is Monday, June 13, 2016.
The application can be downloaded (pdf 0.2MB) or collected from the reception desk at either of our offices and returned with the items listed below.
- Nassau: 5th Floor, Montague Sterling Centre, 13 East Bay Street
- Freeport: 1st Floor, International Building, West Mall Drive
- Copy of passport or other proof of Bahamian citizenship
- Most recent official transcript with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Passport sized color photograph
- Two character references, including one from your Accounting professor
- Statement/Essay(Maximum of 400 words): The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?.
Successful scholarship recipients are expected to:
- Commit to working with KPMG during the summer breaks
- Commit to working with KPMG as a full-time employee for a minimum period of three (3) years after completion of the undergraduate degree
- Sign a contract agreeing to the terms and conditions of the scholarship program
KPMG reserves the right to withhold the scholarship in any given year if a suitable candidate is not identified.