In practice, there are significant restrictions on how SMSFs invest their funds together with onerous reporting and compliance obligations. Penalties for non-compliance can be severe, including unplanned tax liabilities.
Managing an SMSF is a considerable responsibility. It requires meticulous attention to detail and a thorough understanding of superannuation law and practice. Most trustees discover they need help to manage their funds properly.
KPMG assists with the design, management and winding up of your SMSF. Our emphasis is on compliance so that you can enjoy the benefits to which you're entitled.
Our services include:
- fund establishment
- preparation of annual financial statements
- fund income tax returns
- preparation of member statements
- maintaining member records
- administering payment of benefits
- legislative and regulatory compliance
- financial and compliance audits
- superannuation guarantee consulting
- taxation planning
- executive remuneration planning
- contribution advice
- pension calculations
- pension administration.
Our advice takes account of your overall wealth creation strategy, business objectives and tax status.