At the same time there is more onus on directors to operate transparently and be more accountable for their actions and decisions.
To support directors in their challenging role KPMG has created The Directors’ Toolkit. This guide, in a user-friendly electronic format, empowers directors to more effectively discharge their duties and responsibilities while improving board performance and decision-making.
- Duties and responsibilities of a director
- Oversight of strategy and governance
- Managing shareholder and stakeholder expectations
- Structuring an effective board and sub-committees
- Enabling key executive appointments
- Managing productive meetings
- Better practice terms of reference, charters and agendas
- Establishing new boards.