- development of China's Western regions
- protection of the environment and improved energy efficiency
- transition of an economy driven by domestic consumption, not exports
- improve the lives of Chinese citizens
- development of seven priority industries:
- three sectors align with the theme of sustainable growth (energy savings and environmental protection; new energy; and clean energy vehicles
- the other areas are consistent with China's ambition to move up the value chain; biotechnology; new materials; new IT; and high-end manufacturing.
Further information about China's 12th Five-Year Plan.