In this edition of Insight magazine, KPMG explores the complex world of infrastructure megaprojects and provides an informative and practical view on some of the key challenges and opportunities impacting this important sector.
We feature a 'Spotlight' special report on infrastructure in Africa - a continent that holds rich opportunities and benefits for those that can successfully manage associated risks and challenges.
INSIGHT: Megaprojects also features a series of interviews and roundtable discussions with industry leaders sharing their perspectives on megaproject delivery around the world:
- The Megaprojects Paradox – An interview with Bent Flyvbjerg, Chair of Major Program Management at Oxford University’s Said Business School.
- From nowhere to somewhere – An interview with Cameron McRae, President and CEO of Oyu Tolgoi LLC and the Mongolia Country Director for Rio Tinto.
- Shouldering the risk – A roundtable discussion with megaproject developers Carlos Bosch, Technical Director at OHL Construction, Carlos Hermanny, Superintendent Director at Odebrecht Infrastructure and I Prabhakara Rao, CEO of the Delhi International Airport (P) Ltd.
- Recovering from the Queensland floods: An AUD12 billion megaproject – An interview with Graeme Newton, CEO of Queensland Reconstruction Authority.
- Improving health outcomes through megaproject delivery – An interview with Dr. Trevor Hancock, Professor and Senior Scholar, School of Public Health and Social Policy, University of Victoria in Canada’s British Columbia.