As growing demand puts increasing pressure on existing oil and gas reserves, major investments are underway to locate new resources. In Australia, the focus of these efforts is on liquefied natural gas (LNG) (west coast) and coal seam gas (CSG) (east coast).
These activities give rise to a range of important issues, including:
- managing remote location risk
- rationalising costs
- improving systems and processes
- responding to climate change and the development of alternative fuels
- developing carbon sequestration technologies.
Good professional advice can help oil and gas groups deal with these and other matters in a timely and effective manner.
Through KPMG’s Global Oil & Gas Centres of Excellence and our Global Energy Institute, we offer a range of services relevant to the needs of the oil and gas industry, including:
- financial statement audit and accounting advice
- information technology assurance and advisory
- tax compliance and advisory (corporate, indirect, expatriate)
- R&D concessions
- capital and operating expenditure monitoring
- corporate governance support
- forensic support and dispute advisory services
- business process improvement
- internal audit, risk and control services
- sustainability and climate change advisory
- capital structure efficiency and debt advisory
- transaction opportunity identification and negotiation support
- financial due diligence and tax structuring advice
- integration advice
- corporate finance and valuations.
KPMG has also established a non-exclusive alliance with Resources Investment Strategy Consultants (RISC) to offer clients a one-stop team to work on transactions, valuations, mergers, acquisitions and divestments.