The industry enjoyed a prolonged era of strong demand and high commodity prices. Global change resulted in a slowing in demand and falling prices. In recent times, mining has shown some signs of recovery and improvement.
In a slowing or recovering market, miners are forced to deal with a number of issues regarding their exploration and project development activities:
- rationalising costs
- improving systems and processes
- accessing debt and equity
- managing cash resources
- responding to climate change.
Good professional advice can help mining groups deal with these matters in a timely and effective manner.
KPMG’s Mining professionals assist organisations through all stages of the mining project lifecycle, from exploration through to production.
Our services include:
- financial statement audit and accounting advisory
- information technology assurance and security
- tax compliance and advisory (corporate, indirect, expatriate)
- R&D concessions
- capital and operating expenditure monitoring
- corporate governance support
- forensic support and dispute advisory services
- business process improvement
- Internal audit, risk and control services
- sustainability and climate change advisory
- capital structure efficiency and debt advisory
- transaction opportunity identification and negotiation support
- financial due diligence and tax structuring advice
- integration advice
- corporate finance and valuations.
Our advisers offer timely, practical and objective advice. They draw on KPMG's extensive global network of technical and industry resources.