Regional expansion came in 1995 with the setting up of offices in Dar-es-Salaam and Kampala. KPMG has gained recognition as a leading provider of audit, tax and advisory services throughout Uganda.
In Uganda, we have two partners and with over 120 professional and support staff. As a resource base also for the region, KPMG Uganda is well endowed with experienced staff and specialists in certain key areas. The practice provides full range of services across our major service lines of: Audit, Information risk management, Public sector reform and privatization and Aid and development. In Uganda, KPMG provides services and standard approaches that are tailored to meet both the international standards and circumstances specific to Uganda. The firm is therefore well placed to carry out any assignment, given its experience and presence in the region and more so in the Ugandan economy. In Uganda we serve over 180 clients.
KPMG in Uganda provides Audit, Tax, and Advisory services, delivering a globally consistent set of multidisciplinary financial and accounting capabilities based on deep industry knowledge. KPMG professionals in Uganda work for a wide range of clients, from global organizations to entrepreneurial start-ups.
Below is our service structure.
KPMG’s culture runs through everything we do. Our core values are shaped around clients, people and knowledge.
KPMG is constantly seeking new ways to improve. Through this approach of challenge and thought leadership, we can deliver service excellence at all times and help businesses succeed.
- We lead by example
- We work together
- We respect the individual
- We seek the facts and provide insight
- We are open and honest in our communication
- We are committed to our communities and
- Above all, we act with integrity
- Made a presentation on Oil and Gas industry in Africa, with emphasis on Uganda to researchers at the Economic Policy and Research Centre, Kampala Uganda
- Created a discussion forum for ENR (including Oil and Gas) for KPMG East Africa professionals involved in the ENR sector
- Organised Transfer Pricing Training for clients including Oil and Gas
- Engaged with tax authorities regarding specific provisions affecting the Oil and Gas sector
- Organised budget dinner for clients including Oil and Gas to highlight key issues from the budget speech of the Minister of Finance
- Prepared an economic and tax analysis of the budget proposals including those affecting the Oil and Gas sector and shared the same with clients
In living one of our values – “commitment to our communities”; KPMG Uganda has been involved in a number of voluntary activities with the aim of embracing and making a positive impact to our communities in order to make a difference and enhance the reputation of the organisation and what it stands for.
Community projects we are involved in / have been involved in include:
- Hospice Uganda
- Seeing is Believing project - Sight Savers Uganda
- Nodic Business Association
- Never Again Home – give moral and career guidance
- Career guidance to secondary schools
- Mentoring the young business entrepreneurs (Mara Foundation Uganda)
- Career guidance to a primary school
- Top 100 SME project
- Seeing is Believing project
- Participation in the MTN Marathon – where funds are raised for the disadvantaged communities
- Donations to people in disaster areas such as Mt Elgon
- Donation of Computers to juvenile homes
- Safe water – project for provision of water filters to communities
- Donation of scholastic materials
3rd Floor, Rwenzori courts
Plot 2 & 4A Nakasero Road
PO Box 3509 Kampala, Uganda
Telephone: 256 414 340315/6
Fax: 256 414 340318