As an integrated business unit of KPMG in South Africa, we function both as a stand-alone practice and as part of a multidisciplinary organisation, thereby linking the legal services that we provide with professional services provided by our Corporate Finance, Advisory, Tax, Audit and other professional colleagues, where appropriate.
As a stand-alone practice we provide a wide range of legal services to a number of clients, both local and international. We serve medium to large local and international clients, parastatal and government organisations in many aspects of corporate and commercial law. We focus on the generation of forward thinking ideas, the development of concept proposals, the identification of legal issues, drafting, reviewing, critically assessing and negotiating documentation and implementation of transactions.
With its pool of talented and experienced legal professionals, the Corporate Law Advisory Practice of KPMG in South Africa is in a position to provide legal services in the following areas:
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Financial Services Law
- Competition Law
- Employment Law
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment
- Private Equity
- Compliance and regulatory requirements
- Company secretariat
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Cross-border transactions
- Inward investment into South Africa
- Outward investment from South Africa
- Structuring of business entities
- Management buy-outs and buy-ins
- Joint ventures
- Reconstructions, reorganisations and rationalisations
- Employee benefits, including share incentive schemes
- Licensing agreements
- Distribution and manufacturing agreements
- Franchising agreements.