Each entity, as well as each professional, needs to stay up-to-date with changes to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), IFRS for Small and Medium-sized Entities (SMEs), Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP) and United States Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (US GAAP).
In addition, SAICA requires that each member and associate should complete and record training in terms of its Continuing Professional Development (CPD) policy.
KPMG in South Africa’s training meets SAICA’s criteria for CPD. We provide certificates of attendance so that the training can be ‘verifiable’ in terms of SAICA’s requirements.
- Audit Committee accounting training - Sessions focused on the needs of Audit Committee members and Directors to create awareness of all topical issues and new pronouncements. E-mail us to find out more!
- Periodic IFRS client updates of new standards and interpretations (IFRS only) - Sessions provide a more detailed understanding of new financial reporting developments and more complex application issues. Please refer to the contact details on the left.
- Customised client training (All accounting frameworks) - Training is done on request and is tailored according to the client’s needs to address their specific financial reporting issues. The aim is also to create awareness of the latest developments and common problem areas. E-mail us to find out more!
KPMG in South Africa always keeps the specific and unique needs of our clients in mind. We develop training courses specific to their needs and specific framework (ie SA GAAP, IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, GRAP and US GAAP).
The training session are:
- tailored to suit different levels - from executives, audit committee members, management level to accounting staff.
- either an interactive presentation or a case study-based workshop and the duration depends on the client’s needs (eg, half-day, full day, monthly or once-off).
- at a high level or an in-depth session on a specific reporting standard or topic. We can also cover the main accounting developments.
- comprehensive and can include the implications of reporting requirements for a range of other disciplines, such as corporate tax, indirect tax, valuations, etc.
In our experience, training not only benefits Chartered Accountants, but also other staff involved in the accounting function as well as non-accounting staff.
Our presenters have extensive experience in presenting technical matters.
They have done presentations at SAICA seminars and the Auditor General (among others) and present monthly technical updates as well as global and topic-specific education for KPMG Directors and staff.
For enquiries, please call +27 (0)11 647 7366.