Consolidation among the major players is expected globally as mergers, acquisitions and strategic alliances continue across the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, driven by escalating R&D costs, blockbuster drug patent expirations and a need to bolster R&D pipelines. With such high R&D costs, patent and intellectual property protection will remain an ongoing issue for the industry. Protection of patents is one of the most important determinants of the long-term prosperity of research-orientated pharmaceutical companies.
How we can help
KPMG’s Pharmaceutical industry practice advises clients with critical business and industry issues, including:
- Enterprise risk management
- Research and development tax concessions and grants
- Sales force and marketing compliance
- Intellectual property and contract governance
- Transfer pricing
- Assurance and audit services
- Cross-border financing and tax planning
- Mergers, acquisitions and asset disposal
- Market entry and expansion
- Fraud risk management
- Supply chain optimisation.
KPMG’s Pharmaceuticals industry advisers bring high-level technical capabilities and deep industry experience to every engagement. They are supported by KPMG’s global resources, collaborative knowledge-sharing systems and industry insight programmes.