The regulatory landscape continues to evolve as the National Health Insurance (NHI) proposal confronts the massive health financing gap in South Africa.
Medical schemes must understand the future landscape to meet and manage their stakeholders’ expectations.
How we can help
Our multi-disciplinary services have assisted many stakeholders in the industry and have the answers.
We recognise that each client is unique and tailor our services to meet their individual size, complexity, business objective and needs. KPMG’s Audit and Advisory services include, among others:
- The external audit of medical schemes
- Information Risk Management services, particularly regarding systems and internal controls (eg, service organisation reviews)
- Corporate governance advisory services
- Regulatory compliance services and operational implications
- Internal audit services
- Procurement advisory services
- Forensic services
- Actuarial advisory services
- Due diligence support and other corporate finance services
- Trustee training
- Trustee elections
- Sustainability reporting
- Financial reporting services (eg, King III gap analysis, development of risk registers, combined assurance models)
- Strategic planning
- Third party administrator selection support
- Medical scheme and third party administrator service level agreement and key performance indicator development.
In these challenging times, schemes need to appoint independent, knowledgeable and experienced auditors and business advisors to keep up-to-date with the rapid pace of change in the industry.
KPMG’s commitment to our clients, innovation and industry leadership is demonstrated through our continued investment in thought leadership. We believe that providing timely information and insightful perspectives are a vital part of serving our clients.
Where there is a need for progressive thinking, KPMG professionals are among the leaders addressing those areas having a major impact on the medical schemes industry.