The Global tax environment has been evolving, and the speed of this evolution has picked up at a rapid pace. This is evidenced by the global media hype around multinational groups and where their profits are taxed, as well as the discussions about tax at the most recent G8 and G20 summits.
A little closer to home are the discussions relating to exchange of information by the African Tax Administration Forum. All in all what is clear is that there is a common theme in all the hype and discussions, being Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS).
Once again, Treasury and SARS have proposed many interesting and, in some respects, unexpected tax amendments. Many of these changes follow from the global tax hype noted above. It is thus apparent that Treasury and SARS have taken the initiative to lead the global pack on such global issues.
To discuss these in more detail, KPMG’s Cape Town Tax Department invites you to attend a tax seminar during which we will decipher, analyse and cut through the complexity of the proposed tax amendments for you.
- BEPS – The impact for South Africa
- Interest deduction limitation rules
- Employees’ tax – changes imminent in the taxation of employees’ retirement funding
- Tax Administration Act – changes to the penalties provisions, including the waiver thereof
- VAT - e-commerce supplies and the simplification of VAT registrations
- Government incentives, including special economic zones and the R&D tax incentive
As seats are limited, please reserve your seat by sending the following details to email@example.com
- Delegate’s name and surname
- Delegate’s email address
- Company’s name and postal address
- VAT no. for invoicing
Please advise firstname.lastname@example.org should you require a CPD certificate for your attendance. This will be e-mailed to you after the seminar.
We look forward to seeing you there.