Organic growth has overtaken joint ventures and partnerships as the most common business strategy, as automakers reconsider the value of partnerships. Innovation and new product/technology development is taking on increasing importance as illustrated by recent announcements from mobile technology providers like Google and Apple that they will integrate their applications into vehicles at the manufacturing stage.
- Technology leadership is key to survival.
- Of the top 10 companies considered to be technology/product driven, 7 are from TRIAD markets.
- 73 percent see marketing and brand management as a top investment area.
- 74 percent of suppliers are beginning or raising investment for new plants.
- 61 percent forecast vehicle production in Europe to rationalize and move to emerging markets.