In the constantly changing mobile telecommunications landscape, the market is becoming increasingly saturated with a bewildering variety of products and services, as network operators and mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) compete for market share and look for new growth opportunities.
KPMG performed a global customer experience study across 25 countries and 106 mobile providers to identify better practices and trends in the prepaid mobile market.
This study seeks to take a genuine customer perspective of the telecommunications mobile experience. We have ‘mystery shopped’ prepaid mobile products and services in 25 countries and from 106 operators – including retail, online and contact centre channels. This has provided powerful insight into how operators are performing when it comes to delivering a great experience to their customers.
The findings have been categorised into five key customer experience areas:
- Retail customer experience – consistency is key
- Contact centre customer experience – managing expectations
- Online customer experience – MVNOs lead the way
- Product offering – increased choice and complexity
- Top-up customer experience – developing countries win out