Liquidity – A bigger challenge than capital explores the key challenges for global banks arising from the new liquidity ratios, including:
- The Basel 3 liquidity proposals and implementation timetable
- The strategic and operational issues as a result of the ratios
- Key actions banks are taking in response
- The impact on banks that aren't able to meet the ratios
- How the liquidity ratios are currently being implemented across the European Union, the US and Asia Pacific.
The report also contains an illustrative example of the impacts of the new liquidity requirements on a bank's balance sheet.