Technology is now the lifeblood of most organisations. It brings with it tremendous opportunities as well as considerable threats. Our specialists provide independent, jargon-free advice and advanced technology capabilities to help you proactively and reactively manage your technology risks and use the data to its full potential.
The issues that you face:
- The need to demonstrate internally and externally strong governance of IT systems as well as compliance with standards and regulations.
- The need for technology suppliers to provide proof to clients around the security, quality and resilience of their service.
- The need to prevent, detect and respond to 'e-crime' incidents such as cyber attacks, industrial espionage and data theft.
- The need to identify opportunities to drive cost efficiencies and reduce waste and loss through leveraging data analytics techniques.
We can help provide high levels of assurance and insights in respect of your technology, including:
IT information protection
We help clients to:
- Identify technology vulnerabilities and compliance exceptions
- Evaluate business impacts and current practices
- Design enterprise security and continuity strategy, framework and architecture
- Develop disaster recovery plans
- Implement security solutions.
IT attestation, including SAS 70 Offerings provide independent assurance to third parties that systems are operating as designed.
ITA in external audit
We assist audit teams to assess controls risk and deal with complex technology topics in support of financial statement audits and integrated audits.
ITA in internal audit
IT audit skills can help clients fill specific skills gaps or perform the entire IT audit function. Outsourcing or co-sourcing IT audit to KPMG is a cost effective means for clients to have access to the right skills at the right time. Our IT Audit professionals bring a wealth of business and technology experience to provide clients with the skills they need, when they need them.
IT strategy and governance
Effective IT governance helps an organisation:
- Align IS objectives with business objectives, and thus derive enhanced value from IS
- Implement controls in lines with external legislation and regulations
- Mitigate risks
- Measure performance against goals.
IT governance and performance services entail assessment, benchmarking, and planning elements that enable senior executives to determine how to materially improve their use of IT and enhance business performance.