KPMG and NRF Foundation Launch Research Resource
The Retail Insight Center
is a one-stop-shop for data and insights into retail industry trends, from sales, employment, and consumer spending, to the popularity of smartphones and tablets. Users can explore the Insight Center and build a customizable analytic report or find data specific to their research needs, such as up-to-date and historical consumer trend information and key government indicators.
Successful retailers are those who focus on their customers and deliver the best shopping experience in both traditional and online store environments.
Yet challenges such as changing demographics, weakening consumer demand, fluctuations of regional economies, and globalization are pushing consumer-driven businesses to cut costs, offer more value, and provide better customer service.
To help meet these challenges, many retailers have turned to KPMG LLP for guidance and advice. They know that the professionals in KPMG’s Retail practice combine deep industry knowledge with extensive experience working with retail clients in the food, non-food, and restaurant segments.
This experience allows us to provide Audit or Tax services to a wide range of retailers, from small start-ups to large chain operations. We also can provide retailers with guidance in such areas as improving performance, lease negotiations, and franchise offerings.
KPMG offers a number of services focused on assisting our clients address the issues facing their industry sector, in the key areas of governance, performance, technology, and growth. These issues include:
- Shifts in consumer behavior
- Reporting & regulation ― corporate governance and stakeholder expectations, IFRS
- Sustainability & the environment
- Business operating model structure
- Operational efficiency ― supply chain management, loss prevention, commodity price volatility, sourcing, business intelligence
- Integration of new technology
- Financial management – cost management, budgeting and forecasting, tax strategies
- Market entry and expansion
- Retail format strategies
- Mergers and acquisitions