It is the mission of the KPMG LLP Compu-Max Group to provide quality cost reporting software tools to healthcare providers, in a timely, cost-effective manner, with a commitment to professional, ethical and service-oriented practices.
KPMG – Our Position in the Marketplace:
KPMG provides accounting, tax and advisory services. We operate in 148 countries and have 6,500 partners, 70,000 client service professionals, and 17,000 administrative and support staff working in member firms around the world.
As a member of the “Big 4”, KPMG has established itself on the cornerstone of integrity and professionalism in its business practices. Our values determine how we behave, with clients and others. They define what we stand for and how we do things, helping us to work together in the most effective and fulfilling way.
The Compu-Max Group, as part of the KPMG organization, exemplifies this commitment to integrity and service. The current Compu-Max team has had the privilege and responsibility of providing quality software tools to the healthcare industry for more than a quarter century. As part of KPMG’s Risk and Advisory Services Practice, the Compu-Max Group has access to resources and knowledge that extends beyond reimbursement issues. These assets can be of additional value to our software clients. In the constantly evolving marketplace of Medicare cost reporting, we are honored to have clients that span our 25 years in the marketplace. We are in a business where our quality of service has resulted in the relationships and teaming which are of mutual benefit to both our clients and us, providing a win-win situation.
Key Considerations for Healthcare Providers:
- The key component of the Compu-Max Group is its people, healthcare professionals who have dedicated their careers to serving KPMG clients. Our dedication and service to the healthcare industry are unparalleled in the cost report software marketplace. Our personnel responsible for creating, maintaining and supporting these products average 15 years of service to our Compu-Max clients.
- KPMG’s personnel are recognized as skilled and knowledgeable Medicare professionals – Compu-Max Group members are frequently asked to make Medicare update presentations for the healthcare industry for such trade groups as the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA). Each year we make multiple presentations to chapters ranging throughout the country.
- Communications – The Compu-Max team wants you to know what’s going on in the industry, and with its products. We conduct User Group meetings annually, where we discuss Medicare issues, and software updates. We publish a provider Newsletter periodically. We maintain the Compu-Max website (www.us.kpmg.com/compumax), where software updates and program change descriptions are located. We send out broadcast emails to our clients when changes to systems occur, along with concise explanations to clarify all changes.
- Contacts – KPMG keeps close contact with CMS representatives in Baltimore, so we know what changes we can expect, and can obtain explanations and clarifications on behalf of our clients. We also maintain contact with auditors at our MACs to determine ther latest concerns that surface withcurrent cost reports.
- Training – The Compu-Max team is happy to provide on-site training for hospitals and healthcare organizations, at a reasonable cost.
- We listen – The Compu-Max team is always on the look-out for potential new provider tools to assist our clients in automating their operations. Many of the ancillary programs that have evolved over the years are the result of listening to our clients’ needs.
We believe there are significant factors that differentiate us from the competition.
We believe in providing products and services in an atmosphere based on integrity and mutual trust.
We believe that our products, our people and our clients are the best in the industry.
We believe that KPMG provides cost-effective products for clients who realize that results and efficiencies are integral parts of the cost-effectiveness equation and value proposition.