Executives have pursued technological innovation in financial planning and analysis (FP&A) in order to achieve continued growth in an uncertain business environment. The U.S. economy continues to improve at a gradual and sometimes fitful pace from the depths of the global recession.
The past year has seen its share of risks, ranging from the ongoing European debt and currency crises and the slowing of growth in Asia to the political uncertainties in the United States. While working to adapt to this economic environment, companies have sought to capitalize on emerging technology trends, such as “Big Data” and “Social Networking.”
The participants in this year’s share forum framed the discussion around the following five topics:
- An update on the state of the economy
- The new normal: Coping with economic, political and regulatory uncertainty
- Strategic planning, long-term planning, and aligning financial plans with strategy
- Extracting value from social media and “big data”
- Thinking out of the box: Innovations of the FP&A Function of the Future