Faced with complex market issues such as governance and risk management, sustaining performance, and maintaining liquidity, business leaders are challenged to make critical decisions on a daily basis. At the same time, they are expected to continue identifying future growth opportunities.
KPMG's Federal Tax professionals can help by providing companies with a broad range of capabilities. Among these are:
- Tax Compliance and Consulting Services. Through our full-service delivery approach, our professionals can help businesses act in accordance with the rules and regulations related to federal, state, and local income and franchise taxes. Services include Tax Compliance Services, Day-to-Day Tax Consulting Services, Tax Provision Services, and Tax Co-Sourcing Services.
- Accounting Methods and Credit Services. Our team comprises a national group of tax professionals who provide services in Tax Accounting Methods, Research and Development Tax Credits, and Fixed Assets Review.
- Federal Legislative and Regulatory Services. As part of our Washington National Tax practice, this group’s services include: analysis of pending and proposed legislation, preparation and coordination of proposals, testimony, and other legislative documents, formation of industry coalitions, and briefings and discussions to keep clients current on legislative and regulatory developments.
- Tax Technology and Transformation. We help companies transform insight into impact by improving their tax operations through strategy and resource alignment, improved processes and technology, and better communication.
- Development & Exempt Organizations. The not-for-profit sector is undergoing tremendous change due to increasing globalization, heath care reform, and technological innovation, among other factors. These far reaching changes present both opportunities and challenges for our clients in this space, and KPMG has been responding decisively through such moves as the creation of a global network that serves non-governmental organizations (NGO), a leading Center of Excellence, and the establishment of Healthcare and Government strategic priorities. To support the sector with its priorities and to continue to help not-for-profits navigate changing times, both at home and abroad, the Development and Exempt Organization (DEO) practice provides an integrated, holistic approach to help client’s understand operational issues, identify and address current gaps, and reduce risk managing your organization as it works to fulfill its mission in the exempt healthcare, higher education, development & government, NGO, and commercial sectors.
- Tax Controversy Services. Our professionals help companies understand, anticipate and strategically respond to the IRS, from the beginning of a controversy to its final resolution. Primary services include IRS Exam Consulting and Appeals Assistance, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Interest Computation Assistance.