Tax valuations are carried out by the Tax Valuation Services group who are specialists in the valuation of shares in unquoted companies, shares subject to restrictions and all forms of intangible assets, including intellectual property and goodwill, for all UK tax purposes. We have unparalleled experience across the range of industries, both in the UK and overseas.
What's on your Mind?
- What value to return for capital gains purposes for a non-exempt (or potentially non-exempt) intra group transfer of shares/ intellectual property.
- How to incentivise employees in a tax efficient manner by means of share awards.
- How to ensure departing employees incur no income tax charge because of shares being reacquired for prices above tax market value.
- What values to return for unquoted shares for Capital Gains Tax (including 31 March 1982 rebasing) or for Inheritance Tax or Stamp Duty purposes.
- How to approach ongoing negotiations with HMRC's Shares and Assets Valuation in order to secure the best possible result.
Bringing you Peace of Mind
- Preparation / submission of valuation reports to HMRC and, if required, assisting with any subsequent negotiations.
- Securing early post-transaction valuation rulings from HMRC and, wherever possible, pre-transaction rulings.
- Provision of illustrative tax valuations in order to facilitate the design of tax efficient shares for incentivising employees.
- Breaking deadlocks in negotiations with HMRC and helping to secure optimal tax results.
- Reviewing valuation reports carried out by other valuers together with correspondence with HMRC, to help ensure that an appropriate approach/ value has been adopted.
What's in it for you?
- Broad range of tax valuation skills and insight into HMRC thinking on valuations which helps ensure taxes are minimised.
- Proven track record of agreeing values with HMRC and optimising amount of tax due.
- Where possible agreeing values with HMRC prior to filing deadlines and providing certainty as to the amount of tax due.
- We are a team of UK tax valuation professionals, which includes the most senior former HMRC specialist from its 'Shares and Assets Valuation' department (formerly known as Shares Valuation Division) currently in practice.
- We have unprecedented experience in agreeing values of unquoted shares and all forms of intangible assets which we draw upon to help ensure that we achieve the optimal tax position for our clients.