KPMG’s Competition Economics advice is tailored to effectively support our clients’ individual requirements. Our unique offering delivers cutting-edge economics advice and in-depth knowledge of regulators’ practices, combined with leading academic collaboration and the breadth and depth of our wider KPMG network.
- Advice to parties in several Phase I mergers (all cleared unconditionally), at both the OFT and the CCP (healthcare mergers). Economic advice to parties during the Epwin/Latium CC merger inquiry. This case was also cleared unconditionally.
- Ongoing advice to large corporate clients on the competition risk of M&A strategies and specific deals.
- Ongoing support to a leading player in the Private Healthcare market investigation by UK competition authorities;
- Ongoing support to a leading player in the private motor insurance market investigation by UK competition authorities;
- Ongoing support to KPMG’s Audit Practice in the Competition Commission’s market investigation of UK audit firms;
- Review for a global industrial electronics manufacturer of its vertical agreements, under both Articles 101 and 102 TFEU;
- Expert witness testimony in a commercial dispute regarding the alleged breach of a non-compete clause; and
- Advice to a regional development agency, assessing whether a proposed investment would satisfy the Market Economy Investor Principle.
Our Competition Economics team sits within KPMG's global Economics & Regulation Practice. Together, we combine deep sector knowledge across regulatory & forensic economics, macroeconomics and regulatory finance & accounting.
We are able to tailor the level of our engagement to meet our clients’ needs and resources.
For instance we can:
- Provide support in the context of competition inquiries, disputes, etc.
- Work closely with your team, assisting with carving out and/or reviewing work and analysis as necessary.
- Set-up and co-ordinate panels of experts to act as a sounding board and quality assessment for work carried out by you.
We aim to get the right team for you, using the right skills from across KPMG. We are able to work with you aiming to maximise value. We are able to offer training and seminars, as well as workshops with KPMG colleagues who can advise on numerous areas.
Our approach is to offer integrated support, whether it be for mergers and acquisitions (including transaction services, corporate finance and monitoring trustee work), regulatory compliance or forensic investigations.