- Market and competitive intelligence
- Strategic options and decision making
- Target business model
What's on your mind?
- Uncertainty over strategic direction:
Launch, build, buy, partner, fix or divest decision to make;
Competitive corporate / business unit strategy;
Transformational growth strategy
- Need to understand the major drivers to increase business value
- Need to understand changing competitive landscape or regulatory environment
- Need to understand the market, competitor and customer dynamics that impact revenue and profit
- In the case of Government, need to understand what market interventions might be used to satisfy policy objectives
Bringing you peace of mind
Market and competitive intelligence
We undertake market and competitive analysis, usually to help underpin strategic investment / divestment decisions or to inform wider strategic assessments.
We can provide support before an acquisition or divestment or as part of it through commercial due diligence. We give robust opinions on future potential, upsides and risks, based on an assessment of the market underpinned by fact-based analysis. We offer similar market and competitive analysis to support the strategic planning process.
Strategic options and decision making
We help organisations to define their future strategy through an objective assessment of the challenges they are facing and potential solutions available to them. Our approach often involves Board facilitation underpinned by rigorous analysis.
We can help develop a range of potential ‘futures’, support you in your preferred option and help to build paths to get there.
Target business model
We help to drive preferred options into competitive business models that position your business for future success.
We help our clients by devising practical ‘target business models’, which comprise a logical approach to achieving competitive advantage under evolving market conditions. Working with other parts of KPMG, these can be developed into detailed designs for target business models and linked to programmes of organisational change, underpinned by measurable business and transformation plans.
What’s in it for you?
- Robust evidence base to help drive strategic decision-making
- Additional skills and impetus to meet the level of scrutiny required by external stakeholders
- Enhanced competitive positioning and optimisation of potential value
- Confidence that new operating models can be implemented
- Alignment of major stakeholders around a key decision
- Integrated support to meet business needs
- We are able to help build strategies based on a robust financial base, as well as a sound understanding of the market and competitive landscape
- We are able to package complete solutions to help address strategic challenges by integrating strategic thinking with KPMG’s wider technical and operational capabilities
- We are able to use our functional depth to link strategy development to help assist with effective implementation so there is no loss of momentum