What's on your mind?
- Developing financing strategies that support delivery of the strategic plan
- Maintaining adequate liquidity and access to funding sources throughout the cycle
- Managing funding relationships to retain the support of lenders and financing stakeholders
- Sourcing competitive financing terms with sufficient operating and financing flexibility
Bringing you peace of mind
We can offer assistance throughout the transaction process from initial strategy through to implementation:
- Strategic financing advice in relation to a company’s funding options and managing its funding relationships
- Expert transaction execution across the full spectrum of debt products
Our areas of expertise include:
- New debt issues and refinancings in both the bank and capital markets (e.g. loans, bonds, private placements)
- Acquisition or leveraged finance (e.g. M&A, leverage buyouts, IPO-related debt funding and divestments)
- Structured finance including asset based lending, leasing and securitisation
- Real estate debt financing, including sale and leaseback transactions, OpCo/PropCo structures
- Advice on debt restructuring and renegotiation for under performing companies, including negotiations with banks, bondholders and institutional investors
- Advice in managing key financing stakeholders
What's in it for you?
We assist our clients through:
- Advising businesses throughout the transaction process — from initial strategy through to implementation
- Supporting clients’ decision making through evaluation of their financing options and their impact on their business and objectives
- Structuring and implementing debt solutions to help ensure operating and financial flexibility necessary to deliver the strategy
- Arming borrowers for negotiations with bankers and investors to create competitive tension and optimise terms
- Providing market experience in relation to the key debt markets and products and of the range of potential financiers, their appetite and attitudes to credit, pricing and structure
- Supporting borrowers in managing lending relationships including renegotiations of financing arrangements and terms to provide a platform for delivery of the clients operating strategy
- Objective, borrower-focused strategic financing advice, independent from the providers of capital.
- Long track record of providing specialist financing advice to borrowers. Within the last 24 months we have advised companies, institutions and public bodies on financing strategies and transactions in excess of $80bn
- Experienced team of specialist debt practitioners with expertise across the range of debt products and financial markets
Motability Operations Group
KPMG advised Motability Operations Group on its £2.9bn bank refinancing, the establishment of its £2bn EMTN (Euro Medium Term Note) programme and subsequent £1.65 billion sterling and €500 million bond issuance from the shelf programme.
Motability Operations operates the UK's car leasing scheme for disabled people under which individuals in receipt of higher rate Mobility Allowance gain access to new vehicles on affordable contract hire terms. Since inception in the late 1970s, the scheme has grown to a fleet in excess of 500,000 vehicles and associated funding requirement of c.£4 billion.
KPMG was engaged by Motability Operations in 2006 to assist in a review of its corporate structure and evaluation of financing.
Having identified a preferred new structure, KPMG advised on the execution of its implementation, including a major corporate reorganisation and the successful raising of £2.9 billion of committed banking facilities and in procuring a public credit rating of A+/A2.
Following the successful re-organisation of Motability Operations, we were retained to advise on the establishment of a £2 billion EMTN programme (later extended to £3 billion) and subsequent issuance in the debt capital markets, totalling sterling issuance of £1.65 billion and a debut European issuance of €500 million in November 2010.