KPMG is delighted to announce that it has been recognised for its efforts to protect businesses, build innovative programmes to improve organisational stability and help London gear up for the Olympics. Recognition has come in the shape of being short-listed for 7 of the 2012 MCA Awards and highlights KPMG’s ability to cut through complexity for its clients.
Commenting on the nominations, Mark Hutchinson, KPMG’s UK Head of Management Consulting, says: “I am delighted that KPMG’s teams have been recognised for their work. The awards highlight innovative practice and are the benchmark for our industry. With economic uncertainty, increased competition and a thirst to constantly do better, our clients face a growing list of threats and opportunities. The nominations are testament to the fact that our teams always provide top quality services to our clients, delivering impartial advice and value every time. I look forward to seeing if we win!”
The awards KPMG has been nominated for are in the following project categories:
- Finance and Risk Management – developing the finance function and enhancing the credibility of the financial management of the London Development Agency
- Finance and Risk Management – providing due diligence in Sahaviriya Steel Industries’ acquisition of the Corus Teesside Cast Products business
- Innovation – assuming the role of ‘external investor’ to identify cost optimisation opportunities for Musgrave, the Irish-based family owned grocer
- International – assisting in the separation of Alico Investments from its parent pending a sale to MetLife
- Operational Performance (Private Sector) – driving a cost optimisation programme with Nationwide
- Strategy – solving the world’s greatest cyber security challenges collaboratively through the KPMG I-4 programme
- Technology – creating a ‘mission critical’ computer system to manage the planning and co-ordination of national police resources, for the London 2012 games.
Now in their 15th year, the MCA Awards are the benchmark of quality within the industry, showing how clients and consultants working together can achieve the very best results. The results will be announced on 19th April 2012.
- Ends -
Mike Petrook, KPMG Press Office
020 7311 5271 (t), 07917 384 576 (m) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
KPMG LLP, a UK limited liability partnership, is a subsidiary of KPMG Europe LLP and operates from 22 offices across the UK with over 11,000 partners and staff. The UK firm recorded a turnover of £1.7 billion in the year ended September 2011. KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. We operate in 152 countries and have 145,000 professionals working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. KPMG International provides no client services.