KPMG has been ranked as the only ‘Big 4’ professional services firm in the ‘Top 10 Employers for Working Families’ by the independent benchmarking and award organisation, Working Families.
The annual award highlights those employers across the UK which actively support their employees in achieving a positive work-life balance. All organisations including KPMG, completed a robust benchmark survey which examined their work-life balance policies and practices.
Michelle Quest, KPMG’s Head of People in the UK, commented: “It is wonderful news to have our commitment to support working mothers, fathers and carers recognised in this way. KPMG understands that most people need and want to combine successful careers with caring for family and friends and we have put a number of policies and procedures in place in order to create a working culture which makes this possible.”
Sarah Jackson, Chief Executive of Working Families, said: “The quality of entries for this year's Top Employers for Working Families has been exceptional. We congratulate the Top 30 employers and the special award winners on their inspiring work-life policies and practices. These agile, forward-thinking organisations recognise the value of offering flexible workplaces and in doing so benefit from advantages in staff recruitment, engagement, motivation and performance.”
KPMG offers the following benefits to its employees:
- Emergency Childcare: Providing emergency childcare solutions via a network of nurseries, childminders and nannies to support working parents with genuine emergency childcare situations.
- The National Parenting Network aims to provide working parents and line managers with a central point for information and practical support.
- “Back in Business” workshops to help new parents to highlight the options available and help make a successful transition back into work.
- Adoption Leave: A new adoption policy that supports individuals who wish to, or are adopting, a child by providing up to 52 weeks of adoption leave. Support for foster parents too.
- Childcare vouchers: To help staff make savings on registered childcare costs.
- Maternity/Paternity: Simplified ‘shared leave’ policy.
The Top 10 included Accenture, American Express Services Europe Ltd, Ashurst LLP, Barclays Bank PLC, BT PLC, Centrica PLC, McDonalds Restaurants Ltd, Southdown Housing Association and West Mercia Police.
To find out more please click here: http://www.topemployersforworkingfamilies.org.uk/index.php/home
For further information please contact:
Arti Mohan, Corporate Communications
Tel: 020 7694 8735
Mobile: 07768 858 085
KPMG Press Office: 020 7694 8773
KPMG LLP, a UK limited liability partnership, is a subsidiary of KPMG Europe LLP and operates from 22 offices across the UK with nearly 11,000 partners and staff. The UK firm recorded a turnover of £1.6 billion in the year ended September 2010. KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. We operate in 150 countries and have more than 138,000 professionals working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. KPMG International provides no client services