Energy and utility companies currently face price volatility as well as policy, regulatory and technological change, whilst the hunt for new supplies remains a constant challenge.
Our team of professionals have deep sector knowledge which helps clients drive increased value from the management and reduction of operational, reputational and regulatory risk.
What's on your Mind?
- Need to look to new and potentially high risk areas for new energy sources.
- Concern that investment in countries lacking transparency may increase risk of exposure to corrupt acts, including requirement to work in joint venture structures.
- Want to prevent delay or disruption to major capital projects.
- Have concerns over meeting financial control and reporting requirements.
- Have concerns over regulatory change and risks.
Bringing you Peace of Mind
We have a team of professionals dedicated to the Energy & Natural Resources sector and can offer you a wealth of experience in the areas of:
- Fraud & Financial Misconduct Investigations. Having undertaken some of the world's largest and most sensitive financial investigations, we know how to help clients discreetly establish the facts and deal appropriately with potentially damaging and sensitive situations.
- Corporate Intelligence- we can provide you with an informed picture to support your business critical decisions.
- Dispute advisory services- provide authoritative advice and testimony in the event of litigation.
- Anti-bribery & corruption- we help clients proactively to manage, and reactively to respond to, risks posed to their operations by acts of bribery and corruption.
- Regulatory- we provide advice to clients on regulatory issues, in the course of continuing operations or in the context of transactions, including those cross-border.
- Contract Governance- we help clients to manage the spend on, and operation of, key supplier contracts, including the recovery of sums where applicable.
What's in it for you?
- Achieve compliance with relevant bribery and corruption legislation, avoiding severe penalties significant reputational and commercial harm.
- Potential financial benefits out of contract compliance reviews - we have identified monetary gains in 70 percent of the 1,000+ contracts reviewed in the last five years.
- Protect assets and reputation by being able to spot and take action against fraud and misconduct.
- Able to make informed business decisions, reducing risk and improving results arising from the decision.
- Reduced risk, saved time and money, and greater business insight using sophisticated technology tools.
- Commercial disputes and disagreements resolved with a favourable outcome and financial ruling.
- Our team is far more than just forensic accountants; we are proud to include legal specialists, fraud risk management and forensic technology professionals, corporate intelligence analysts, economists, statisticians, former prosecutors and regulators, as well as industry specialists within our global team.
- We have global coverage, with an oil and gas network encompassing offices in the top 34 oil and gas producing countries.
We have undertaken some of the world's largest and most sensitive financial investigations.
- A major energy supplier experienced problems with the implementation of a new billing platform.Our data analytics team analysed hundred of millions of datapoints, assisted the client to understand the resultant billing problems, and also built a forecasting model that allowed the client to release tens of millions of revenue provisions back to the P&L.
- We were approached by our client, an IOC, after a whistleblower raised multiple serious allegations. The investigation, which included work on-site in the Far East, required us to conduct over 80 interviews as well as the collection and review of considerable amounts of electronic and hard-copy documentation. The sensitive nature of the final report meant that it was only seen by a select few of the client's most senior management team.
- Due Diligence for a multinational oil company on an acquisition in Central Europe. We identified connections to organised crime and money laundering, helping to inform the client's decision.
- Continuous global procurement contract review programme for a FTSE 100 oil company, involving review of approximately 50 suppliers per annum. In 2008 we recovered cash totalling over $10m for our client and we identified further multi-million dollar future cost savings.
- Expert testimony in an international arbitration concerning a US$2billion joint venture dispute involving a former Soviet Republic, resulting in a favourable outcome for our client.
Global transactions and regulatory scrutiny are compelling companies to examine their business relationships in order to assess risk and comply with regulatory mandates.