KPMG Restructuring practice assists corporate clients across all industries and their wider stakeholders include but are not limited to; lenders, lawyers and government authorities from the earliest stages of financial distress by helping them to stabilize and implement a process of strategic, operational, and financial change. We offer a portfolio of services to either outside of a court-administered bankruptcy process, or in court via the Bankruptcy Act B.E. 2483 as amended by Bankruptcy Act (no.6).
Our services offerings include Strategic and Operational Reviews, Financial Restructuring, Impaired Loan Portfolio Solution, Lender Advisory, Formal Business Reorganization and Turnaround and Exit Planning and Implementation.
As a Restructuring professional, we address the complex issues that surround companies to turn around the performance of a business and to help generate outstanding and lasting value for stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be self motivated, positive, flexible and professional. The role will mainly involve:-
- Assistance to all levels of management and creditors in independent assessment of business strategies and development of robust strategic, operational and financial plans to underpin the restructuring
- Working with clients in analysis of financial forecasts and providing recommendations on appropriate leverage levels, debt and capital structure including determination of funding requirements
- Formulating financial models with sensitivity analyses to propose successful restructuring schemes
- Monitoring actual business performances particularly in cash and working capital of clients, comparing with proposed budget and providing reports to lenders.
- Assisting clients in preparation, filing and administration of business reorganization process
- Proactive help clients engaging all parties in dialogue around company restructuring, liquidity generation and implementing the exit plan.
- Design and implement portfolio management and exit strategies whether through sale, workout or formal insolvency process
- 4+ years of technical and financial advisory related experience
- Master degree
- A strong finance or accounting background
- Ability to analyze companies from a financial, operational, and industry perspective, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Experience creating complex cash flow projection models based on business issues or transactions being analyzed
- Demonstrated experience managing daily aspects of client relationships and engagements
- Builds client base and internal (cross-functional) and external relationships
- Assume responsibility for quality control and accuracy of client deliverables
- Ability to create and deliver client service work that exceeds client expectations
- Ability to balance multiple engagements and responsibilities
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
- Exceptional leadership and supervision skills
- Coach, mentor, counsel staff with positive and constructive feedback.
- Communicates to all levels of engagement management with impact in a way that is open, honest consistent and clear
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be flexible with the potential travel requirements of client service projects
We offer the successful candidate an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment
To apply please send your CV stating your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org