KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. We operate in more than 152 countries and have 145,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International, a Swiss cooperative. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
KPMG in Thailand and its predecessor firms, have been in operation for almost half a century. The Thai firm has contributed significantly towards Thailand’s economic development in this time. The founders of the two main firms which today make up KPMG in Thailand were part of Thailand’s business elite – one was a minister of finance, the other held the first ever CPA certificate awarded in Thailand. Today, KPMG in Thailand continues to help ensure that it maintains the highest standards of integrity and quality with its staff.
KPMG in Thailand prides itself on the broad and expansive thinking of its professionals. As a result of this, we have been able to provide sound and valuable business advice to help clients manage their business risks, as well as to grow and succeed in Thailand’s competitive and rapidly-evolving business arena.
KPMG in Thailand has a wealth of local knowledge and skills, the benefits of which are delivered to clients by a team of over 1,000 professionals and staff. Our local knowledge is enhanced by international links to the pool of technical and industry skill resources within our global network. This helps us to get even better results as we consistently strive to achieve the highest standards and quality of service.
Our professionals are able to deliver informed and timely advice that helps our clients achieve sustainable and superior business performance, and effectively communicate this to stakeholders.
KPMG's global network of firms was formed in 1987 with the merger of Peat Marwick International (PMI) and Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG) and their individual member firms. Spanning three centuries, the organization's history can be traced through the names of its principal founding members - whose initials form the name "KPMG."
- K stands for Klynveld. Piet Klynveld founded the accounting firm Klynveld Kraayenhof & Co. in Amsterdam in 1917.
- P is for Peat. William Barclay Peat founded the accounting firm William Barclay Peat & Co. in London in 1870.
- M stands for Marwick. James Marwick founded the accounting firm Marwick, Mitchell & Co. with Roger Mitchell in New York City in 1897.
- G is for Goerdeler. Dr. Reinhard Goerdeler was for many years chairman of Deutsche Treuhand-Gesellschaft and later chairman of KPMG. He is credited with laying much of the groundwork for the KMG merger.
In 1911, William Barclay Peat & Co. and Marwick Mitchell & Co. joined forces to form what would later be known as Peat Marwick International (PMI), a worldwide network of accounting and consulting firms.
In 1979, Klynveld joined forces with Deutsche Treuhand-Gesellschaft and the international professional services firm McLintock Main Lafrentz to form Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG).
In 1987, PMI and KMG and their member firms joined forces. Today, member firms throughout the world carry the KPMG name exclusively or include it in their national firm names.
After completing what was the accounting profession's first mega-merger, KPMG has taken a number of innovative steps to transform the professional services industry.
- It was the first multidisciplinary organization to globally deploy a risk based audit approach
- KPMG has strengthened its global organization by creating three operating regions - the Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia Pacific. It was the first organization to take such an aggressive step in uniting national and local resources - people, ideas, products, technologies and knowledge.
- An online collaborative tool, KClient, has been developed to enable knowledge exchange and information sharing between KPMG professionals and clients. KClient helps place the right people on the ground, at the right moment, to work with clients.