When suspicions of fraud, or bribery and corruption, or financial misconduct and mismanagement surface, specialist independent investigation, support and advice is required to quickly and effectively deal with these issues.
- We identify and investigate unexpected behavior to discover the facts of suspected fraudulent activity within or against organizations.
- Our cost effective help management understand what has happened, maximize recoveries with minimum cost and provide evidence for use in future proceedings.
- This can include investigating theft of intellectual property and other intangible assets, investigating and tracing transactions, and working towards tracing, seizing, or obtaining forfeiture of funds and assets.
- Regulations and legislation, if breached, may result in serious consequences to companies including substantive costs. In today’s world, companies are increasingly subject to local, national and international scrutiny.
- KPMG Forensic are able to assist companies in preventing such breaches from occurring.
- Examples of such include the misuse of personal data, the payment of bribes to foreign public officials, the laundering of money derived from illicit means, activities that may be deemed as anti-competitive, and the establishment of cartels.
- Our investigations are cost effective, robust, comprehensive and independent.
Embedding appropriate anti-bribery processes throughout your business may reduce the risk of prosecution and other penalties
Who is the typical fraudster?” analyses characteristics of frauds based on 348 cases investigated by KPMG across 69 countries.