Mergers, acquisitions and disposals have enormous potential for value creation for your investors.
To realize this potential, it is vital to understand and take tax implications into account at the outset.
This is even more important if you are entering into a cross-border transaction. The difference in laws, regulations, business cultures, time zones and language can multiply the risk of fiscal miscalculations, misunderstandings and misconceptions.
Our professionals come from different services and sectors and we understand the markets.
We are familiar with local business nuances and global business trends and we know how competitive it is.
As your advisor, we will assist in the identification of and management of material tax exposures, safeguard valuable tax assets and design deal structures that enhance the long lasting value of a deal.
Leveraging our resources and experience, we will help you avoid transaction downsides and identify opportunities that will benefit you and your stakeholders.
Tax due diligence
Structuring acquisitions and disposals
- track down tax information needed to identify where tax exposures lie and what can be done about them.
- design structures that take account of exposures revealed during due diligence
- review contracts to assess their tax efficiency, provide tax opinions, and obtain tax authority rulings or incentives
- assess the value of a target's tax attributes, helping you structure the transactions in a tax effective manner that supports your post deal integration plans
- review contracts to assess tax efficiency and understand the impact on the purchase price mechanism
Vendor due diligence
- calculate post transaction future tax cash flows based on an investment model or profit forecast
- conduct vendor initiated tax due diligence to facilitate a more efficient and smooth disposal process
- identify and resolve potential deal-breakers before potential bidders are approached
Post transaction integration
- assist with vendor side documentation including the preparation of data-room documentation
- advise on pre-deal reorganization measures
- swift resolution of post transaction issues
- capture synergies, reconcile conflicting tax positions and reduce the number of newly acquired entities in a tax efficient way