Contract Compliance Services (CCS) focuses on the exercise of contractual audit rights in business agreements. In exercising these audit rights, the parties introduce KPMG as an independent party whose objective is to obtain evidence of compliance, or otherwise, by the contracted party with specified terms of the agreement. We do this in such a manner as to protect our clients' interests and to recover funds due to them whilst aiming to improve underlying business relationships.
Relying on third parties to report on the revenues they owe you, creates a significant risk of under-reporting.
Some questions that help companies identify their contract compliance needs are:
KPMG's CCS practice offers specific contract services that cover a range of contractual compliance obligations. Our services include:
- What contractual relationships do you have, and what is the total amount of funds under these relationships?
- What sort of controls over performance of these relationships is provided for in the agreements?
- Do you carry out audits of the financial and operational aspects of these relationships on a regular basis?
- Are there other control mechanisms that would support the adequacy of information provided?
Our dedicated partners and professionals have deep industry experience in helping companies around the world increase revenue or reduce costs as well as resolve complex relationship and contracting issues.We recognise the dynamics in business relationships and work in a non-adversarial way to help business partners understand the terms of their agreements. We also help establish compliance reviews as routine control measures.Our approach reflects our leading practices and enables us to adopt detailed work plans that focus on the specific environment and under-reporting or over-claiming evaluation.
- Royalty Reviews
- Vendor Contracts Reviews
- Channel (Reseller and Distributor) Reviews
- Software License Reviews
- Software Asset Management
Our approach to CCS is illustrated below:Our CCS teams are able to tap into KPMG International's network of member firms to provide contract compliance professionals wherever, and whenever you need them. We can help you with:
- Enhanced Return On Investment
- More effective financial reporting controls
- Improved relationships with key business partners
- In-depth industry experience and a dedicated practice
These are just some of the reasons why companies around the world turn to KPMG's CCS professionals.