JOB REF: SG/AVS/MCM/210213
We invite highly motivated, dynamic professionals with relevant experience to join our newly-formed Operations Strategy Team.
The KPMG Operations Strategy Team provides strategic advice for clients on business issues and operating models. The successful candidate will be working with some of the most complex and challenging issues in today’s fast-changing business landscape.
We are seeking talented individuals, who are able to work at the highest professional standards, to join our team of dedicated strategy practitioners to share ideas and create innovative, market leading solutions for our clients.
Successful candidates will help develop enterprise-wide operational strategies that identify growth and productivity improvements across our client’s businesses. You will work with international teams and contribute to and benefit from the vibrant mix of expertise, industry experience and consulting skills of these bright individuals.
The role involves:
The ideal candidate should:
- working with senior team members to lead and deliver market and operational reviews, strategic studies and business plan reviews
- building and maintaining client relationships, including managing key client interfaces during project delivery
- assuming responsibility for elements of medium/large-size projects
- developing robust hypotheses to facilitate the formulation and structure of solutions to key client issues and strategic questions
- designing and executing financial and operational analyses to support the development of strategic insights (including consideration of market development, organisational options and responses, capacity/capability-building requirements, etc.)
- conceiving and undertaking primary and secondary research to help clients assess the opportunities and benefits for their organisations
- developing business cases and plans underpinned by robust financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives
- driving the content of deliverables and presentations to clients
- working collaboratively with client staff and management, often working in joint teams in the development and delivery of recommendations, and presenting findings to senior client management
- managing and mentoring junior staff
- supporting senior team members with business development initiatives
- contributing to thought leadership and knowledge management to support practice development
Interested candidates can apply by completing the Online Application Form, quoting the job reference SG/AVS/MCM/210213 and stating the position applied for.
- possess relevant internal or external experience in similar roles providing strategic advice to clients via corporate or strategy consultancy roles
- have a credible record of operating at a management level with experience in leading project teams and running proposals
- show intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness and have an ability to work independently and
- be comfortable developing answers and solutions even when the client’s requirements remain unclear.be goal driven and be focused on helping the client to understand issues and resolve key questions and possess the ability to drive through to an outcome and to gain stakeholder support in circumstances of complexity and ambiguity
- possess strong numerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial acumen
- have a pragmatic and logical approach to analysis and problem solving
- have a personal drive to deliver results within tight deadlines
- have the ability to assess technical information to distil key strategic insights and convey them in clear oral and written form confidently
- possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have the flexibility to adapt to a variety types of engagements and working environments, and have related experience in one or more of our priority sectors (including Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer Goods & Retail, Healthcare and Financial Services)
- the ability to communicate in different languages would be a strong bonus.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.
We have job opportunities in audit, tax and advisory to match your interests and experience.