Associate Director/ Manager/ Assistant Manager (Data Analytics)
JOB REF: SG/WS/ITA-IRM/080113
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing audit, tax and advisory services. With more than 152,000 people operating in 156 countries, we have outstanding professionals working together to provide value to local and global organizations. Committed to excellence, we are proud to be a recognised Employer of Choice in Singapore.
KPMG’s Management Consulting practice is one of the leading providers of advisory services to organisations in the region. We create value for our clients by recommending improvements to their strategies, processes, technology and people within the backdrop of good corporate governance.
We invite highly motivated and dynamic professionals with relevant experience to join our Management Consulting practice.
The KPMG Data Analytics Assurance team utilises Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) to help clients:
- obtain assurance on their financial statements or management reports;
- identify control deficiencies, errors, and/or irregularities;
- maximise the value of the data they hold in order to gain real commercial value and improved profitability; and
- identify operational performance improvement opportunities.
The team is required to develop analytics routines, extract, cleanse and analyse data, identify gaps and recommend improvement areas.
Successful candidates should have a passion for data analytics. A good understanding/ background of financial statements and management reporting, and the ability to link the data analysed to the financial statements/ management reports is a key requirement.
The role is focused on:
- managing the overall data analytics program to develop, grow and manage the data analytics assurance practice;
- analysing core data to identify errors and required adjustments to the financial statements/ management reports;
- identifying control and quality gaps, highlighting useful information, providing audit insights, recommendations and conclusions; and
- implementing reporting processes to track data quality improvements over time.
This role will rely on your skills in quantitative analytical methods, familiarity with the use of large databases and your ability to understand the implications of the results arising from the data analysed.
The ideal candidate should:
- possess a recognised degree or Master’s Degree in Accountancy or IT related field of study.
- have minimum 5-7 years of recent related experience in utilising CAATs for audit/ assurance purposes.
- have a good understanding in accounting, financial statements and management reporting.
- experienced in managing projects through to completion.
- demonstrate an eye for details without losing the big picture.
- desire to provide excellent client service.
- possess the ability to multi-task, prioritise based on business needs, and work well within a fast-paced, project-focused environment.
- have an understanding of automated data analytics tools, preferably in IDEA, and to develop CAATs routines.
- have a passion to coach and develop staff.
- ability to work cohesively as a team.
Interested candidates can apply by completing the Online Application Form, quoting the job reference SG/WS/ITA-IRM/080113
All applications will be held in strict confidence. The successful candidate will be appointed to the rank appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
We have job opportunities in audit, tax and advisory to match your interests and experience.