Senior Associate, Assistant Manager and Manager
JOB REF: SG/ADV/AS/201206
We invite highly motivated, dynamic professionals to join our growing Actuarial practice.
The KPMG Actuarial Services team offers innovative business strategies to help clients navigate the rapidly changing insurance industry. Our goal is to help them cut through the complexity of business issues and make effective and efficient business decisions Our actuarial advisory services offered include Valuation and Pricing review, Risk and Capital Management, and Actuarial process enhancement.
Insurance – Actuarial Services (Senior Associates, Assistant Manager, Manager)
Successful candidates will play a significant role in offering a wide range of actuarial consultancy services in the insurance and financial services industry.
The role involves:
- performing actuarial audit reviews for our life insurance, general insurance, and reinsurance clients
- preparing assessment report of the reviews performed and discuss the findings with the managers
- maintaining documentary evidence of such actuarial reviews in centralised location
- participating in various engagements such as capital and risk management reviews, internal control reviews, reserving and pricing review, mergers and acquisitions, and pension valuation within the ASEAN region
- being responsible for acquiring engagements with clients and managing engagement deliveries, if the application is for senior level positions
Preferable personality traits include independence, innovative and resourceful thinking with strong interpersonal, organisational, presentation and report writing skills. A naturally inquisitive mind with an ability to think “outside the box” is also preferred. These traits will be a good fit for the team.
An ability to assess the practical aspects of business operations and company management and enabling sound and practical recommendations to clients is required. Teamwork, strong project and client management skills are therefore a necessity.
The ideal candidate should:
- possess a recognised degree in actuarial science with a minimum of three years of relevant experience relating to actuarial services from a large consulting firm or MNC
- possess strong project management abilities coupled with good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
Candidate with non-life insurance experience is preferred.
Interested candidates can apply by completing the Online Application Form, quoting the job reference (SG/ADV/AS/201206) and stating the position applied for.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.
We have job opportunities in audit, tax and advisory to match your interests and experience.