There is little doubt that 2014 will continue with significant regulatory upheaval and considerable resulting strain on insurers. By being proactive and engaged in these fast-moving and important developments, insurers can nonetheless meet such challenges and stay ahead of the game.
PDF files require Adobe Reader to view
In this year’s Evolving Insurance Regulation: A kaleidoscope of change, we explore regulatory change at the global and regional levels and the implications insurers confront in responding to these developments. We focus in particular on the growing role of new policy makers, the pressure to align insurance rules to the banking model, the growing programs to assess supervisory compliance, the growth of consumer protection laws and the latest insurance risk and accounting changes.
The report provides an in-depth look in to following areas:
- IAIS celebrates 20 years: IAIS proposals
- Industry readiness: Survey results
- The systemic debate continues
- International standards being tested
- Consumer protection back under the microscope
- A changing approach to supervision and risk
- IASB moving towards an international accounting standard