Central banks are crucial to national economic health, controlling monetary policy through instruments such as money supply management and interest rates. Many also regulate and supervise commercial banking systems and act as a lender of last resort.
PDF files require Adobe Reader to view
KPMG's new brochure Creating a world class central bank examines seven major priorities facing central banks and showcases a number of major examples of how KPMG has worked with central banks around the world.
- Stepping up governance, risk management and internal controls.
- Supervising stability and regulatory compliance
- Overseeing payment systems
- Optimizing technology and processes
- Reliable, efficient out- and in-sourcing
- International cooperation and currency unions
- Accountability and transparency