Forms IR8A (Return of Employee's Remuneration) and IR21 (Notification of a Non-Citizen Employee’s Cessation of Employment or Departure from Singapore) are important statutory tax returns.
Employers are expected to accurately prepare these for their employees, or risk getting penalised for incorrect returns. Complex tax rules and yearly changes can complicate this task.
For the Year of Assessment 2013, Form IR8A for the year 2012 has to be provided to the employee by 1 March 2013.
Employers who have 15 or more employees for the entire year ending 31 December 2012 or who have received the "Notice to File Employment Income of Employees Electronically" must submit their employees' income information to IRAS electronically by 1 March 2013.
- Learn to prepare Forms IR8A and IR21 correctly.
- Keep abreast of changes to tax laws and regulations.
- Avoid pitfalls and gain practical ideas in the preparation of the Forms IR8A and IR21.
- Gain insight on how to structure tax efficient remuneration packages to minimise the personal tax burden on employees.
- Gain a better understanding through case studies and practical illustrations. *NEW* Due to popular demand, we are including more case studies this year
Developments and updates on personal tax
- Cash remuneration and benefits reporting
- Employee stock options and stock awards taxation
- Case studies – completion and walk-through of Forms IR8A/IR21
Who Should Attend
Human resource professionals, finance personnel and individuals who are directly or indirectly involved in the preparation, review or approval of Forms IR8A and IR21. The workshop is also suitable for employers who participate in the Auto-Inclusion Scheme (E-filing) for employment income.
Partners and managers from KPMG’s International Executive Services practice in Singapore. They deliver measurable value to clients in providing personal income tax compliance and wide-ranging people related services advising on cross border employment, tax efficient remuneration packaging, equity compensation, application of tax treaties, tax equalisation arrangements, payroll diagnostic reviews, voluntary disclosures, relocation, payroll, rewards, and immigration.
Spaces are limited, so register soon.
Please make cheque payable to KPMG Services Pte. Ltd., 16 Raffles Quay, #22-00 Hong Leong Building, Singapore 048581. KPMG Services Pte. Ltd. will provide a tax invoice upon clearance of your cheque. Refunds will only be made if written notice is received no later than 3 January 2013. Please inform KPMG Services Pte. Ltd. of substitution(s) prior to the event date to avoid inconvenience. In circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to cancel the event, or make changes to the schedules, venue and speaker(s). Photography, audio, and/or video recording are not permitted during the event unless authorised by KPMG.