In a look at the current major global factors affecting restructuring, KPMG in the UK’s Jonathan Coltman argues in the latest edition of Restore magazine that businesses should take steps to enhance their ability to cope with the unexpected. He suggests it may be “time to move on” from lean business models and bring value protection to the fore.
Also explored in this edition are:
- Why the high demand for finance may exceed supply;
- A report of Aero Inventory, two years after restructuring;
- How the leisure, automotive and shipping sectors are holding up;
- Setting Swedish business Dometic on the road to recovery;
- What does it take to be a turnaround professional?;
- Examining the importance of tax planning in restructuring.