An essential read for clients (CEOs, CFOs and other executives of retail and FDCG companies), in this issue we examine the challenge for manufacturers to maintain margins in an era of rising customer buying power, why the most successful retailers are increasing their investment in their people, what it takes to deliver on the multi-channel promise and how new FDI legislation in India will impact foreign retailers.
In an exclusive interview, Carlsberg CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen discusses the ups and downs of emerging markets, the attractions of craft beer and the pace of consolidation in the brewing industry. Also featured in this issue, a case study on Wilmar International’s strategic use of scale and their unique business model mix of agribusiness and consumer brands.
The articles in this issue include:
- – How Greece can export its way to health; Indian retail opens up – or does it?
- – Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen, CEO of Carlsberg talks transformative growth
- – How retailers and suppliers are collaborating to maximize returns
- – Why successful retailers never stopped hiring
- – Why your operations must deliver on all fronts
- – What crowdfunding means to big business