HOW IT WORKS
Individuals or teams of up to 4 students will send us an infographic entitled “The 5 things I/we would do today to change the ……… industry in Romania. (chose an industry in Romania which you think should improve its performance).” by 4 January 2015. Once we receive the application, we evaluate it, and, if it meets the requirements set out below, we share it on our official website. All the presentations uploaded on our website starting 12 January 2015 become eligible for public voting via Facebook and the selected teams are on for the national semi-finals.
Three national semi-finals will take place: in Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara and Bucharest. During each semi-final, a maximum of 8 teams, each comprising 4 students, will be given a detailed case study to consider, analyze and offer recommendations for. Each team will present their findings and suggestions to a panel of KPMG professionals. The winning teams will advance to the national final to be held in Bucharest, on 4 March 2015.
The national final will follow the same ground rules as the semi-finals: the teams will deliver a presentation based on a case study analysis in front of a jury of KPMG professionals. However, this stage also includes a series of workshops aimed at helping finalists enhance their existing skills and knowledge, and allowing them to improve their case analysis on the spot.
The winning team from the national final will travel to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates to compete for the global title. The winners will also take part in a comprehensive training scheme organized by KPMG specialists to become fully prepared to face the Dubai challenge.
The winners of the National final will automatically get a 6-months internship position with KPMG in Romania, with the possibility of continuing their career after this period.
However, candidates from the other competing teams are also eligible to be hired. This will be handled on a case by case basis and subject to business needs and participants’ availability.
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
To enter the competition, you need to send the documents below to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 4 January 2015:
- An infographic depicting "The 5 things I/we would do today to change the ……… industry in Romania." (chose an industry in Romania which you think should improve its performance), together with an explanatory essay and appendix.
- Team members’ CVs
Individuals or teams of up to 4 members can apply.
Given that participation is team-based, we reserve the right to decide on the teams’ structure after the application period. Consequently, individual participants will be we grouped with other individual participants or with members of other teams.
If a team member is unable to advance through the competition, a new team member can be selected, subject to KPMG’s approval. The original member will no longer be allowed to compete in any future rounds of KICC 2015.
The infographic must be written in English and must contain the following elements:
- Participant name / Team name and logo;
- A an essay of maximum of 5 pages, explaining the infographic, calculation steps (if applicable), arguments supporting your conclusions, suggestions and reccomendations;
- An appendix that should include information sources and any other relevant data on which you have built your infographic and essay.
Please take into account the following format for the essay and appendix:
- The essay should have a cover page containing the name of the participant or team, title and abstract of at most 300 words;
- All information should be written in Times New Roman, font size 12, single spaced, 2.5 cm margins;
- References should appear as footnotes; it is advisable to also insert a bibliography at the end of your documents;
- The papers should be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
The presentation must not infringe copyrights i.e. it must include only original content.
If applying as a team, you are required to specify in the application which one of your team members will be the representative i.e. the person we will contact to keep your team informed about the progress of the competition.
At each stage of the competition, KPMG professionals will assess your applications against the criteria below:
- The identification of the initial problematic issues.
- The applicability of the suggested solutions and alternatives.
- The feasibility of the action plan i.e. how you would implement your recommendations.
- The degree of originality.
- Overall presentation approach (concision, coherence, design).
- English skills.
- Number of votes on Facebook.
While participation is team based, the evaluation and qualification for the national and international finals are made on an individual basis. We reserve the right to decide the final structure of the teams for stages 3 and 4.
To be able to participate in KICC 2015 you must meet the conditions below:
- You must be studying towards a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree. While we encourage applications from a wide range of academic backgrounds, at least one of your team members must be studying a Finance related field.
- Your nationality must be Romanian/Moldovan.
Don’t miss our local information sessions to find out everything you need to know about the fastest way to go to Dubai on a 5-star, all-expenses paid trip!