The 4th KPMG Tax and Accounting Congress took place in Warsaw on 14 January 2014 at the Hilton Hotel in Warsaw. The event was attended by chief financial directors and chief accountants of major Polish and foreign companies. Over 600 participants listened to the speeches of KPMG experts on the changes in the field of tax and accounting planned for 2014.
KPMG’s Tax and Accounting Congress, the fourth edition of which was held this year, is the biggest event of its type in Poland. It traditionally features two thematic blocks – tax and accounting. The agenda was prepared by KPMG’s partners and directors, who have many years of experience and work as directors of tax and audit teams. The speakers closely examined the changes to VAT, CIT, and PIT in 2014, and discussed the latest amendments in transfer-pricing regulations. The accounting section covered the practical aspects of implementing new standards regarding the consolidation of financial statements (IFRS 10) and fair value (IFRS 13). All issues could be followed in real-time on KPMG’s official Polish Twitter account (http://www.twitter.com/KPMGPoland). Also, a survey on the Polish tax system was conducted during the Congress.
Our company is the exclusive organizer and patron of the Congress. The Congress was established as a KPMG initiative and has been organized on an annual basis since 2011.
The 4th edition was supported by 23 patrons: ACCA, daily “Puls Biznesu”, the Polish Press Agency, business radio “Tok Fm”, “Bank” magazine, “Forbes” magazine, “Gazeta Finansowa” financial newspaper , “Harvard Business Review Poland” magazine, “Nowy Przemysł” new industry magazine, “Polish Market” magazine, “Przegląd Podatkowy” tax newspaper, “Rachunkowość” accounting monthly, “Warsaw Business Journal”, “Wolters Kluwer” publishing house and portals: Bankier.pl, eGospodarka.pl, gf24.pl, inwestycje.pl, ksiegowosc.org, PIT.pl, rachunkowosc.org, VAT.pl, and wnp.pl.
Lectures were delivered by KPMG Partners and Directors with perennial professional practice, all of whom are licensed Tax Advisers, Legal Advisers and Certified Auditors:
- Tomasz Grunwald: VAT 2014 – more changes
- Rafał Ciołek: What’s new in CIT in 2014 and what changes are to be expected
- Andrzej Marczak: PIT – Practice and Theory – 2014
- Jacek Bajger: Changes in transfer-pricing – an evolution or a revolution?
- Mirosław Matusik: Consolidation – experiences from implementing IFRS 10
- Monika Warmbier: Consolidation – experiences from implementing IFRS 10
- Tomasz Wiśniewski: Fair value in the light of the new IFRS 13 – practical aspects
- Maciej Łągiewka: Fair value in the light of the new IFRS 13 – practical aspects
- Bożena Graczyk: Fair value of assets and liabilities in the light of IFRS 13 – practical aspects