KPMG's tax planning services are delivered by professionals who have the knowledge and experience to help you efficiently manage your tax obligations. We can work with you to ensure that all required taxes are returned, and you are proactively managing the cash flow effects of the taxes you are required to pay. Are you paying more tax than you are required to? Are you aware of the tax incentives available to your business or industry?
Our qualified tax planning professionals will work with you to ensure the overall tax burden of your business is managed. We can assist with:
- meeting all New Zealand and foreign tax reporting and filing obligations
- clarifying tax issues in particular countries to avoid pitfalls and take advantage of opportunities that exist for your business
- ensuring that the ownership of your business is appropriate to manage the risks of your business.
A consideration of any business plan could include a focused and comprehensive tax plan which can make a difference to the success of a business and to shareholders’ returns. An effective tax plan should consider available alternatives and be tailored to the needs of the company and its stakeholders.
"KPMG provides my business with an invaluable pool of resources, knowledge and guidance. Whether it relates to the day to day running of the company, its strategic direction or prioritising opportunities that arise, they have a specialist to assist us every time.
I love how user friendly, professional and thorough they are and also that are ready to be blunt about actions they recommend, if needed. We are a small company of 18 full time staff and yet we feel important to KPMG. They really engage with the business and bring useful sector knowledge and vital skills to bear on achieving our goals. If you are concerned about value for money – don’t be. I highly recommend KPMG and often do."
Sue Fleischl - Owner, The Great Catering Company
Complete Tax Planning Services
We can help you to cut through any tax complexities that may arise. Our service includes help in the following areas.
- Compliance with filing of income tax, GST or FBT returns. It is important to ensure that you meet all of your specific tax obligations. We provide assistance to ensure that you comply with all tax types. The following are some of the common tax matters which we can assist you with: Income tax, Goods and Services Tax (GST), Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT), Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and Resident Withholding Tax (RWT).
- Setup of your business. One size will not fit all and there are a number of commercial and tax pitfalls that need to be negotiated when considering the appropriate structure to implement. KPMG’s tax professionals have considerable experience and can assist you to implement structures that meet your commercial needs.
- Guidance with a major transaction which may have tax implications.
- Assistance with a tax audit. An income tax audit can be distracting, time consuming, and daunting for any business. We can help you with a pre-audit review, identify areas of concern and help negotiate fair outcomes with the investigators.
- Help with an international transaction. Determining the most tax-effective approach to doing business in foreign markets can be complicated. We can assist you with tax planning,working through the options so you can understand the tax implications of the transaction in each country, and how to repatriate profits and capital to New Zealand. We can co-ordinate with KPMG offices is almost all jurisdictions to prevent the risk of tax surprises reducing the profitability of your overseas investment.
Contact us and request an interview, or call and talk to one of our tax specialists about tax planning and how we can help you to efficiently manage your business' tax obligations.