To help make your company more robust, consider divesting struggling and non-core assets and/or take advantage of bargain prices to make acquisitions that will be a good strategic fit when the economy recovers fully.
If a full merger and acquisition is not for you, consider other alternatives.
- Joint ventures can enable companies to share capital expenditure and risk.
- Asset swaps allow for the exchange of business and assets.
- Cost-sharing mechanisms are a creative way of sharing the costs of core services with multiple users.
There’s nothing like corporate belt-tightening for identifying ways to enhance or squeeze more out of your business. In fact, some of the greatest ideas — even the iPod — come out of recession. Consider whether new markets, either internationally or at home, hold better prospects for your business.
Fortune, they say, favours the brave — seize the initiative and look for opportunities. KPMG’s transaction teams can help you here. Our professionals offer ideas, experience, independence and commitment to enable your company to be in position to take advantage of the new environment.
On the other hand, these are extraordinary times and you may need to take extraordinary measures. Good clients may have become bad debts. Reliable suppliers may no longer be able to supply and banks may not be lending.
Surviving and thriving in tough times
From underperforming businesses, to those in distress, KPMG’s restructuring professionals work alongside management, stakeholders and lenders to help make real improvements to cash flow, profit & loss and the corporate balance sheet.
We take a hands-on approach to helping you stabilise your business and identify new opportunities to make sustainable changes to your strategy, operations and finances.
Brought in early, we can:
- sort out your cash position, help get debt off your balance sheet and deal with financiers
- identify assets that are not working as well as they might and enhance or divest them
- look at people, business unit and supply chain efficiencies to help you capitalise on the really valuable parts of the company.
Supported by professionals in both corporate finance and transaction services, our restructuring team is here to turn your business around, to help it survive in difficult circumstances and make it a winner.
Sometimes, sadly, nothing can be done to resurrect a failing business that has run out of cash. As a last resort, we can ensure stakeholders are fully informed and advise them of the most appropriate option to increase recoveries.
Read more information on: