We can work with you to identify, manage and mitigate AML/CTF risk exposures in line with legislative requirements and industry better practice.
KPMG can help your organisation determine its AM/CTF obligations. We offer a single, cost-effective resource for AML/CTF compliance. This covers policy, training and process management and is backed by relevant financial, compliance, risk management and forensic capabilities.
How KPMG can help
- AML/CTF risk assessments.
- Readiness and Health Check reviews.
- AML/CTF program design, build and execution.
- Selection of AML/CTF customer due diligence solutions and transaction monitoring software.
- Design and delivery of AML/CTF training programs.
- Employee due diligence and broader corporate intelligence capabilities.
- Regulatory and remedial services, including investigations.
- Supply chain integrity.
Why choose KPMG?
KPMG Forensic in New Zealand is part of an international group made up of more than 2000 experienced accountants, investigators and other professionals.
We are extensively experienced in:
- forensic accounting
- providing expert testimony
- asset tracing
- fraud risk management
- forensic data analysis
- computer forensics
- anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing.
Why anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing matters
New Zealand is in the process of introducing comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) legislation. Failure to maintain effective AML/CTF systems by affected organisations may result in substantial monetary penalties and reputational damage.
Money laundering occurs when criminals disguise the origins and ownership of funds to legitimise illicit activities. Terrorism can also be financed from illicit activities as well as from legitimate funding sources.